Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

T-shirt Refashion by Bel et Bien

Bel et Bien T-shirt refashion



Hi! My name is Edel and I’m from Waterford in Ireland. 

I blog over at Bel et Bien. I usually blog about fashion and DIY projects. I’m by no means an expert but it keeps me happy! I’m going to share a DIY project with you today for a t-shirt refashion. I hope you like it!

 

Here’s my inspiration! As you can see it’s a bit different from mine! It’s from Nasty Gal. So here’s how you do it:
What you need:
  • An old top
  • Acrylic or fabric paint
  • Paintbrush
  • Thin piece of cardboard

Step 1: I printed this star off in three different sizes. I then taped the paper to the cardboard and cut it out.


Step 2:  Before you start painting put some spare cardboard in the top so that the paint doesn’t bleed through to the other side. Lay the stencil you just made on your old t-shirt and paint in the star. I didn’t have any fabric paint so I used acrylic paint mixed with a bit of water. I read it on the internet and I thought it sounded legit so I tried it and it actually turned out well!



Step 3: Wait for the paint to dry and try it on! Here’s what mine turned out like:



When the paint dried the colour obviously wasn’t as bright but I really like how imperfect it is! Before I started I did an experiment on a different top to see what it would turn out like. I put that one into the wash to see how the paint would hold up. It faded a little and I’d say that after a few washes it would fade completely but you could always top the paint up!
I really hope you enjoyed my DIY! If you want to check out my blog here’s the link,  


-Edel<3

4 commented:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All of the images and text provided are under the copyright of Victoria Kirby, FSAG Magazine, and/or VocalFolks : unless otherwise stated. There is a zero tolerance policy for those who use any bit of information off of this site without permission or a visible link back to its origin.